Crest Pro-Health Sensitive and Enamel Shield Toothpaste helps prevent enamel loss. It contains active stannous fluoride, which binds to and strengthens enamel to create a micro-thin shield against acid attack. It also contains finer ActivClean Crystals™ for a smoother brushing experience, and modified Dual Silica Technology for gentle cleaning.
Crest Pro-Health Enamel Shield Toothpaste protects against enamel loss in three ways:
• Binds to enamel to create a micro-thin shield that helps prevent softening by acids
• Kills acid producing bacteria
• Remineralizes teeth to strengthen tooth enamel against acid attack
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the hard outer surface layer of your teeth that serves to protect against tooth decay. In fact, tooth enamel is considered the hardest mineral substance in your body, even stronger than bone. In spite of its strength, everyday acids that develop from certain foods and drinks, particularly those that are sweet or contain starch, can put your enamel at risk. Acids can attack and soften the tooth surface. Plaque bacteria produce acids that can weaken and destroy the enamel. And once your enamel is gone, it can be gone for good.
You can shield your teeth against acid attack that can lead to enamel loss by using Crest Pro-Health Sensitive and Enamel Shield Toothpaste adding Crest Pro-Health Complete Rinse for the hard-to-reach areas and brushing at least twice a day with a toothbrush that’s gentle on tooth enamel, such as the Oral-B CrossAction Pro-Health.
How Do I Protect Against Enamel Loss?
- Use fluoride toothpaste: Use toothpaste that contains fluoride, such as Crest Pro-Health Sensitive and Enamel Shield Toothpaste. Numerous scientific studies over the past 50 years have proven the benefit of fluoride to strengthen and protect your tooth enamel against acid attack. Crest Pro-Health Enamel Shield contains therapeutic stannous fluoride, an ingredient proven to fight acid-causing bacteria, and also strengthen and protect the tooth enamel against daily acid attack.
- Use a fluoride rinse: By adding a fluoride rinse, such as Crest Pro-Health Complete Rinse , to your oral care routine, you can help protect and strengthen teeth.
- Brush and floss regularly: Dentists recommend tooth brushing at least twice a day, along with daily flossing, to help promote oral health. Try using the Oral-B CrossAction Pro-Health Toothbrush, which has soft, end-rounded bristles that are tough on plaque but gentle on enamel.