The best way to keep your teeth, gums, and mouth in good health is through regular and effective teeth cleaning. Most dental professionals recommend regular, professional teeth cleaning in addition to your regular oral hygiene routine. Not only will good teeth cleaning keep you in good oral health and hygiene, it will also help keep your mouth feeling fresh, prevent bad breath, and can help keep your teeth white and bright.
Tips for Teeth Cleaning
- Brush, Brush, Brush: Brushing your teeth is the most important and effective method for teeth cleaning. Most dentists recommend you brush at least twice a day, but brushing after every meal is even better. Whether you choose electric or manual, select a toothbrush that allows you to easily clean all surfaces and in hard to reach areas.
- Flossing Is Key: Flossing is an essential part of teeth cleaning. You should floss regularly to remove food particles from in between your teeth. This can help reduce plaque, and tartar build-up between teeth.
- Rinse Regularly: Mouthwash is a great method for teeth cleaning and also leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean. If you don’t like the burning sensation you get from alcohol-based rinses, look for formulas that are made without alcohol.
- See a Professional: The happy, healthy mouth feeling you get after a good teeth cleaning is invaluable. Visiting a dental professional at least twice a year is an important part of your oral hygiene regimen. Professional teeth cleaning removes the tartar you just can’t get to at home, and regular exams will ensure your teeth and mouth are in good health.
Benefits of Teeth Cleaning
There are many benefits associated with teeth cleaning. If you keep your teeth clean, you are sure to appreciate the following important benefits.
- Good Oral Health: Regular teeth cleaning will keep your mouth and body healthy. Good oral hygiene can prevent plaque build-up, which can lead to gum disease. Numerous studies have suggested a correlation between poor oral hygiene, gum disease, and heart disease, so teeth cleaning is an important way to keep your entire body healthy.
- Look Great: No one likes to have yellow teeth and an unsightly smile. Teeth cleaning will help keep your teeth white and bright. Having a whiter smile helps improve your overall appearance, especially since your smile is an important part of making a good first impression.
- Confidence: When you look great, you feel great. Flashing a bright, white smile after a good teeth cleaning will give you a new sense of self-confidence that is sure to show.
Keeping a healthy smile is one of many benefits associated with teeth cleaning. If you keep your teeth and mouth healthy, you will enjoy better overall health, a new level of confidence and a brighter, whiter smile. So, the next time you consider putting off your regular teeth cleaning for another month, remember all of this important information and think again before picking up the phone. You’ll be glad to have a happier mouth and smile once you’ve had a good teeth cleaning.