The best way to have clean teeth is to visit a dentist for professional cleaning and follow a regular oral health routine of twice-daily toothbrushing and daily flossing. (1)
Clean Teeth Techniques
You can achieve and maintain clean teeth easily if you have the right tools and technique for brushing your teeth.
- Tools: Clean teeth start with the right brush. Make sure your toothbrush fits your mouth. It’s easier to achieve clean teeth if you aren’t using a brush that’s too big. If you have a small mouth, you may find it easier to clean teeth by using a toothbrush with a compact head instead of a full-sized head.
- Technique: You can maximize clean teeth by using the most effective techniques for teeth brushing. Hold your toothbrush at approximately a 45-degree angle to the teeth you are brushing. Use small strokes and brush your teeth in sections. Don’t forget to go all the way behind your last tooth on each side. (2), (3)
Maintain Clean Teeth
Keep these other tips in mind to maintain clean teeth:
- Rinse away stains: if you can’t brush your teeth after consuming food or beverages that may stain your teeth, preserve clean teeth by rinsing your mouth with water or a dental rinse.
- Quit smoking: Smoking is one of the top factors that undermines clean teeth.
- Eat right: Eating a balanced diet helps promote clean teeth.