Mouth pain can be caused by problems in the teeth, gums, or jaw. If you have a toothache or other severe mouth pain that lasts for more than a day or two, or is associated with a fever, ear pain, or jaw pain, see your dentist as soon as possible. If your mouth pain is due to tooth decay or gingivitis, you may need dental procedures, such as fillings or root canals. But if tooth sensitivity is the cause of your mouth pain, the right oral care products can help.(1)
Causes of Mouth Pain
Some of the common causes of pain include:
- Cavities: Cavities can cause mouth pain and tingling.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease (gingivitis) can cause pain and swelling in gums.
- Tooth Grinding: Tooth grinding (bruxism) causes pain in the teeth and jaw.
- Abscessed Tooth: Symptoms of this type of infection at the tooth root include teeth sensitivity and pain while chewing.
- Overzealous Dental Care: Brushing your teeth too hard can cause mouth pain, as can overuse of teeth whitening products.(1)
The Right Products Can Ease Mouth Pain
No matter what is causing your mouth pain, the right oral care products can be part of the plan to provide relief. The Crest Pro-Health Sensitive Shield treatment regimen is a great example, and includes the Oral-B Pro-Health Gentle Clean toothbrush, Crest Pro-Health Sensitive Shield toothpaste, and Crest Glide Pro-Health Floss for Sensitive Gums.(2)
- Crest Pro-Health product information