If you ask around, you’re likely to hear dozens of different teeth whitening tips, some that may sound legitimate and others that may sound downright silly. That’s why it’s important to do a bit of research. Learning about the many ways to whiten your teeth is easy, and by reviewing teeth whitening tips from credible sources such as medical web sites like WebMD, your dentist, the American Dental Association, and well-respected oral product manufacturers, you can find a wealth of helpful teeth whitening tips that will put you well on your way to achieving your most beautiful white smile.
Teeth Whitening Tips for Everyone
While you may be very interested in teeth whitening, you may have determined for some reason or another that you're not a candidate for whitening. Before you write yourself off altogether, dig a little deeper and you’re likely to find options that can help you get a brighter smile. Review the following teeth whitening tips—you may just find that you'll be next in line to get a beautiful smile.
- Myth: “I can’t whiten my teeth because I have a lot of heavy dental work such as crowns, veneers, and/or caps.”
- Truth: While it’s true that you may not want to use a strong, peroxide-based whitening program such as whitening trays because your dental work will not whiten the same way your natural teeth will, there are still ways to get a brighter smile. By using a subtle whitening regimen such as whitening rinses or toothpastes, you can remove surface stains from coffee, tea, and other foods and beverages. You’ll be surprised how this subtle whitening can really improve your smile and self-esteem. You can keep your smile bright by following several teeth whitening tips such as using a straw when drinking dark beverages or by brushing after every snack or meal.
- Myth: “I can’t afford to whiten my teeth.”
- Truth: While you can spend hundreds of dollars on whitening in a dentist’s office, there are many affordable alternatives for whitening, some of which work just as well. Teeth whitening tips for those who don’t want to spend a fortune include the use of at home-teeth whitening products in the Crest 3D White collection, which includes whitening toothpaste, rinse, and whitening strips.
- Myth: "I don’t have time to whiten my teeth.”
- Truth: This is possibly one of the most common myths, and one of the easiest to disprove. Even the busiest people can get a beautiful smile by following just a few simple teeth whitening tips. First, switch your regular toothpaste and mouthwash to a whitening toothpaste and rinse. Without spending any extra time, you can help keep your teeth whiter and brighter. For more dramatic results, you can use advanced whitening strips that allow you to continue about your regular routine. Two products from the Crest 3D White Whitestrips line (Advanced Vivid and Professional Effects) use the Advanced Seal technology, which allows the whitening strips to form closely to your teeth, making it possible to go about your normal routine while whitening.
If you still think you’re too busy to whiten, here is a list of just some of the activities you can do while using Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Vivid or Crest 3D White
Whitestrips Professional Effects:
- Take a shower
- Walk the dog
- Talk on the phone
- Drink a glass of water
- Drop the kids off at school
- Run to the grocery store
- Make dinner
- Watch a movie
By following these simple teeth whitening tips, you can continue to live your busy life while getting a brighter smile.