What is Teeth Whitening Gel?
What is Bleaching Gel?
Professional Teeth Whitening Gel vs Whitening Strips
What is Teeth Whitening Gel?
Teeth whitening gel typically includes some kind of peroxide, which is used to lighten tooth discoloration. Teeth can become discolored for a number of various reasons, such as regular consumption of drinks such as coffee, tea, or wine or even prolonged use of tobacco. Once you notice significant discoloration, it’s a good idea to consider the use of a teeth whitening system that includes dental whitening gel.
Most over-the-counter teeth whitening strips include dental whitening gel, making it quick and easy to whiten at home. If you want professional-level whitening, one of the most effective over-the-counter whitening products that's designed to offer professional-level results is Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects. These whitening strips provide noticeable results in just three days. Professional Effects contains the most efficacious concentration of Crest’s whitening ingredient at retail using the same enamel-safe ingredient that dentists use.
Once you've selected a product with dental whitening gel, you can maintain your new bright smile by brushing and rinsing with products designed to keep your teeth white and bright.
- The Oral-B 3D White Vivid Toothbrush vibrates and polishes away surface stains on and between teeth. It utilizes a gentle, pulsing action that disrupts plaque while stimulating the gums.
- Crest 3D White MultiCare Whitening Mouthwash is specially formulated with two whitening ingredients, hydrogen peroxide and sodium hexametaphosphate, that safely work together to whiten teeth by removing surface stains and protect against future stains.
You may have heard that many over-the-counter whitening products use teeth bleaching gel to provide dramatic whitening. The truth is, “bleach” is the term to describe the chemical process in which color is eliminated from your teeth by the oxidation of stain molecules. While most whitening products do use a peroxide-based gel, there is no actual bleach in the product, so most companies call it “teeth whitening gel” to eliminate this confusion. Peroxide-based teeth bleaching gel is a safe and effective way to whiten your teeth and can provide dramatic results when used properly.
What is Bleaching Gel?
You may have heard that many over-the-counter whitening products use teeth bleaching gel to provide dramatic whitening. That sounds scary when you consider that putting bleach in your mouth is probably not the best idea. The truth is, “bleach” is the term to describe the chemical process in which color is eliminated from your teeth by the oxidation of stain molecules. It sounds scientific, but it’s really a very simple way to get a whiter smile in the comfort of your own home when using an over-the-counter teeth whitening system.
Teeth bleaching gel can be found in many products, including over-the-counter whitening strips, teeth whitening trays, and other whitening products. Since it can get messy, it’s nice to find products such as whitening strips or pre-filled whitening trays that are made with teeth bleaching gel so you don’t have to deal with a whitening mess. These products make it easy to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile without spending a lot of time or energy.
Professional Teeth Whitening Gel vs. Whitening Strips
Getting a brighter smile has never been easier. Two of the primary ways people are whitening their teeth at home these days include professional teeth whitening gel and whitening strips. With whitening rinses, toothpastes, professional teeth whitening gel, and peroxide-based strips, it’s surprising how many ways there are to whiten your teeth. Options vary in cost, effectiveness, and strength, but rest assured that just about anyone who is looking for a brighter smile can find a product to meet their needs. While there are differences between these two methods, all of them use peroxide-based whitening (carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) to brighten teeth.
- Professional Teeth Whitening Gel is Dispensed by your Dentist: These gels are generally accompanied by a mold that is customized to fit your teeth. To use professional teeth whitening gel, you first dispense the gel into the mold, then place the mold directly over your teeth. Some gels are worn overnight or for several hours at a time for the best results. You cannot eat or drink while whitening with a professional teeth whitening gel. Another option to the gel/custom tray system are whitening strips available from your dentist, such as Crest Whitestrips Supreme FlexFit.
- Whitening Strips are Found at your Local Drug Store, Grocery Store or Mass Retailer: These strips are placed over your teeth and can be worn anywhere from five minutes to an hour, depending on the type. Similar to professional teeth whitening gel, most over-the-counter strips cannot be worn while eating or drinking. However, with options like Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips, the innovative Advanced Seal technology contains a moisture-activated formulation that provides advanced adhesion to fit every person’s unique smile. This technology will allow you to talk on the phone, drink water and go about your day while you whiten.
1. 3D Whitening: The Science Behind a White, Bright and Beautiful Smile (P&G)