Getting your child to do anything, let alone brushing, is not always an easy task. Children don’t always take to brushing easily, so a fruit flavored toothpaste that’s fun and effective can help encourage the development of healthy oral habits from a young age. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends you start brushing your child’s teeth as soon as their first tooth makes its debut. Fortunately, you can make brushing more enjoyable with toothpaste formulas featuring flavors like orange, banana, apple, or the popular strawberry—but do they all really work?
What to Look for in a Fruit Flavored Toothpaste
When it comes to finding the best fruit flavored or kid-friendly toothpaste for your child, start by looking for an anti-cavity formula with fluoride. As their smiles develop, a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste can help protect against cavities and gum issues. Plus, to get them into the habit of brushing at least twice a day, some kids’ toothpastes even feature their favorite characters—when combined with a fun flavor and the right toothbrush, they’ll be on their way to establishing a healthy routine they’ll maintain for life.
Our Best Fruit Flavored Toothpaste Options
Everyone has a different preference when it comes to toothpaste flavor. But with Crest’s fun flavored options, there’s sure to be a toothpaste you and your child will enjoy.
- Crest Kids Enamel + Cavity Protection, Strawberry Flavor Keep their smile healthy with the #1 toothpaste for kids*. This strawberry flavored toothpaste is ADA-accepted, helps prevent cavities, and rebuilds tooth density for stronger teeth.
- Crest Kids Mickey, Strawberry Flavor. With Mickey by their side, this strawberry favorite helps protect against cavities for strong and healthy smiles.
- Crest Kids Spider-Man, Strawberry Flavor Make brushing fun as they fight cavities and strengthen enamel with help from MARVEL’s Spider-Man.
- Crest Kids Star Wars, Strawberry Flavor The greatest toothpaste, Crest Star Wars is. Help your little yoda fight cavities for a healthy growing smile.
- Crest Kids Strawberry Rush. Strawberry Rush flavor makes brushing fun while providing the cavity protection and fresh breath you expect from Crest.
- Crest Kids Cavity Protection, Sparkle Fun Flavor Get them excited about brushing with fun-filled sparkles and a great flavor kids love. Plus, this ADA-accepted formula is tough on cavities while staying gentle on enamel.
Brushing Teeth for Kids
It’s never too early to start focusing building healthy oral care habits—the sooner they start brushing twice a day, the faster it will become a long-term habit. Here are some helpful tips:
- You can start brushing teeth for kids as soon as the first tooth arrives.
- Infant toothbrushes are gentle and make brushing teeth for kids easy and painless. (They also come in kid-friendly designs, colors, and shapes.)
- Use a fluoride toothpaste twice a day to start building the habit of brushing teeth for kids.
- Let your kids watch you and other family members brush their teeth. This will reinforce the importance of brushing teeth for kids.
- Download the Disney Magic Timer App from Oral-B to make brushing more fun and help your kids brush for a dentist-recommended 2 minutes.
- Ask your dental professional when it’s okay to let kids brush on their own.
*P&G calculation based on U.S. reported sales data for yr. ending w/o 4/17/21