If you are considering whitening your teeth, you may want to know: How much does teeth whitening cost? The answer to this question depends on which method of teeth whitening you choose. Teeth whitening prices can vary by a lot depending on the type of product you choose. In-office treatments, such as laser treatments, can be among the most expensive options, while adding whitening strips to your routine can be a convenient and less expensive way to get noticeable results fairly quickly.
Here are the most common teeth whitening products and procedures and how they compare price-wise:
Laser Teeth Whitening starts at $500 and, in some cases, exceeds $1000
- This procedure requires an in-office visit, and can be more expensive than at-home whitening treatments. The treatment takes about an hour, and it provides fast, dramatic results. A word of caution: Most of the time you are still required to return for maintenance treatments.
- Crest® 3D White Supreme Flexfit Whitestrips whitens as well as a $500 in-office treatment (when compared to lights and lasers) and are a fraction of the cost.
Whitening Strips costs up to $70
- If you find yourself worrying about the cost of teeth whitening, it’s important to remember that there are many products you can use yourself at home. Some whitening strips have whitening ingredients similar to the products used in-office by dentists, and can remove stains below the enamel surface.
- Crest® 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects can remove 14 years of teeth stains, and delivers professional level whitening at approximately $66.99 for a package of 20 strips, and yield results similar to those obtained with bleaching trays in a dentist's office.
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine yield a more subtle teeth whitening effect, for just $44.99 for a package of 28 strips. They contain the same ingredients used by dentists for in-office bleaching, but the concentration is lower, so the product is less likely to irritate sensitive teeth. Crest 3D White Gentle Routine may be the best choice if you are new to teeth whitening or if you have sensitive teeth.
Bleaching Trays and Gels costs approximately $300
- This option is a combination of an in-office visit and at-home whitening products. Your dentist will create a mold of your teeth (a tray) and you will fill it with a bleaching gel at home. While trays can dramatically whiten teeth, it is an inconvenience to people’s daily lifestyle, as trays need to be removed to drink and eat, and are often required to be worn overnight.
- Teeth bleaching costs can vary greatly depending on the quality of the gel, and the custom version of the tray. In addition, replacements may be needed for broken/lost trays.
Whitening Toothpaste and Mouthwash costs $3.25 to $7
- Studies have shown that whiter teeth can impact your personal and professional life, but teeth whitening cost is a concern for many people. The best way to keep the cost of teeth whitening down is to use whitening toothpaste and whitening rinse. They’re easy to incorporate into your daily routine, and they help you achieve great results.
- Crest offers several kinds of whitening toothpaste and mouthwash that are effective at removing surface stains. Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Whitening toothpaste costs around $3.25 for a 4-ounce tube, and a 946mL bottle of Crest 3D White Arctic Fresh Multi-Care Whitening mouthwash costs approximately $7.
The best way to get your money’s worth out of any teeth whitening product is to choose the product that suits your lifestyle and budget so you can enjoy a brighter smile.
Studies have shown that whiter teeth can impact your personal and professional life, but teeth whitening cost is a concern for many people. In a 2007 study by researchers at Loyola Marymount University, people with whiter teeth were perceived as more attractive, and they received longer interviews and higher salary offers compared to before their teeth were whitened. In this study, the results suggest that teeth whitening costs are worth it, because a clean, bright smile will give you more confidence and may improve your chances in job interviews, on the dating scene and in everyday communications. Start by buying the best quality whitening products and using them no more frequently than the package directs, and you’ll keep teeth whitening costs down.
If you want a brighter smile, you may have considered undergoing an in-depth teeth whitening procedure at your dentist’s office. While a teeth whitening procedure may offer the results you're looking for, it’s important to consider time, cost, and convenience when deciding on a teeth whitening procedure. You may find that a comprehensive teeth whitening regimen may offer the same level of results as a teeth whitening procedure.
Discover MoreCrest Whitestrips Instructions: Safe & Easy Teeth Whitening