We encourage consumers to learn about and follow guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control for all COVID-19 protocols. No mouthwash in the market has been approved by the FDA for the treatment or prevention of Covid-19. Select Crest and Scope mouthwashes kill 99% of germs, effectively fighting plaque, gingivitis and bad breath. See our product guide to help determine the right mouthwash for you.
We realize mouthwash is in high demand as consumers focus on personal health and hygiene; therefore, we are prioritizing the continued production of high-demand products to maintain supply, all while ensuring the highest levels of quality and safety.
A healthy mouth is part of good overall health, so it is important to maintain your oral hygiene and see your dentist every 6 months. Using Crest and Scope Pro-Health Rinse in between dental visits can help prevent, and even reverse gingivitis, an early form of gum disease.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To COVID-19
- Do Crest and Scope mouthwashes kill the virus that causes COVID-19?
a. Crest and Scope mouthwashes have not been tested against any strains of the coronavirus.
- Does rinsing with Crest and Scope mouthwashes kill the COVID-19 Virus?
a. While many of our mouthwashes have been proven to kill bad breath germs or 99% of germs that cause plaque and gingivitis. None of our mouthwash products have been tested against the coronavirus and are not intended to prevent or treat COVID-19. Consumers should follow the preventative measures recommended by their health care provider.
- Can I use Crest and Scope mouthwashes as a hand sanitizer or surface disinfectant if they contain alcohol?
a. Although some of our mouthwashes contain alcohol, they are not intended to be used as a hand sanitizer or surface disinfectant and contain no more than 15% alcohol.
- Can I use Crest and Scope mouthwashes for anything other than rinsing?
a. Always read the product label to ensure the product is right for you and use as the product is directed.
- Do Crest and Scope mouthwashes prevent sore throat?
a. Please see product labeling or consult with a health care professional to see which mouthwash is right for you. Please consult with your doctor on how to treat, prevent, or relieve the pain of a sore throat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Crest and Scope Mouthwash
- Do any Crest and Scope mouthwashes contain alcohol?
- We offer mouthwashes with and without alcohol. See the Product Guide or product labels to find the right mouthwash for you.
- Is alcohol needed in mouthwash to kill germs?
- No. Alcohol is not required for mouthwash germ killing benefits.
- Crest’s alcohol-free formulas are a win for consumers who may want to avoid alcohol-based products, but who want to enjoy the health benefits of mouthwash.
- For consumers who desire a more invigorating usage experience, Crest and Scope offer mouthwashes which contain up to 15% alcohol.
- Do Scope mouthwashes kill germs?
- Yes, all Scope mouthwashes kill bad breath germs, especially those associated with morning breath.
- Do dentists recommend the benefits provided by Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse?
- Yes, dentists recommend protection from plaque, gingivitis and bad breath.
- How do Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection, Crest Pro-Health Intense, and Crest Gum Care mouthwashes work?
- These Crest mouthwashes contain a clinically proven germ-killing active ingredient which is attracted to germs in your mouth. The active ingredient interacts with the germs and kills them, effectively fighting plaque, gingivitis and bad breath for 12 hours. In laboratory tests, these Crest mouthwashes kill 99% of germs that cause plaque, gingivitis and bad breath.
- What sort of testing has P&G performed on Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse?
- We have conducted comprehensive studies related to Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection mouthwash’s indicated benefits in order to prove its safety and effectiveness. Information on our clinical and technical data is available on our professional website, www.dentalcare.com.