You’ve made the decision to whiten your teeth using whitening strips—now what? For best results, always closely read the accompanying teeth whitening instructions before you get started to ensure you know how to properly use the product and can therefore get the brightest smile possible.
Most whitening strips are very easy to use, which means the teeth whitening instructions should be fairly simple. Here are some specific items you should look for when reading teeth whitening instructions:
- Placing the Strips: Most teeth whitening instructions will tell you to not brush your teeth just before applying the strip. This will help them adhere to your teeth better. To apply, simply remove the whitening strip from its liner and place the gel side to your teeth, aligned with your gum line. Press against your teeth for best contact and fold the remainder of the strip behind your teeth.
- Number of Daily Applications: Be sure to take note of how many times a day you should wear the strips. This will vary by product and should be clearly stated in the teeth whitening instructions—some require one application, while others are meant to be worn twice a day.
- Time Per Application: How long should you wear the strips per application? This is likely to range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on the strength of the product. Read your teeth whitening instructions closely and follow the directions for best results.
- Length of Regimen: How many days should you use the strips? Some whitening regimens last a week, while others last up to a month.
No matter what kind of whitening program you use, following teeth whitening instructions will help you get the best smile and ensure you're properly caring for your teeth.
Today’s busy lifestyle doesn’t leave much time for a complicated tooth whitening process. Fortunately, by keeping it simple, you can still achieve powerful whitening results without going through a painful or cumbersome teeth whitening process.
- Simple Swap: Start streamlining the teeth whitening process—swap your regular toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash for products that are designed to help whiten teeth. Your local drugstore probably offers many products that help whiten teeth, including the ones in the Crest® 3D White Regimen. Whitening toothpastes and rinses are easy to find and can help remove surface stains for gradual whitening. Whitening toothbrushes such as Oral-B Pulsar 3D White Advanced Vivid toothbrush pulsate to remove plaque and stains.
- Keep It at Home: You don’t have to go to the dentist for a complicated tooth-whitening process anymore. There are dozens of effective whitening products available at the local drugstore that can provide professional-level results. You can easily avoid a complex tooth whitening process by selecting a program such as Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects, which can dramatically whiten your teeth and provide noticeable results that last for an entire year.
- Find the Right Fit: Different tooth whitening products having varying concentrations of a bleaching agent, such as carbamide peroxide. If you have not used teeth whitening products before, a good strategy for safe tooth whitening is to start with a lower concentration of whitening product. If you don’t experience any problems with tooth sensitivity, try a higher concentration.
- Start Right: Safe tooth whitening starts with healthy teeth. Be sure that you don’t have any cracks, loose dental work, or unfilled cavities, and you can enjoy safe tooth whitening without worrying about any damage to the structural integrity of your teeth.
- Hold Steady: Follow the instructions on teeth whitening products and you'll have a safe tooth whitening experience. Use the products as directed, for the recommended duration.
- Support Your Smile: You can make the most of your whiter, brighter smile with other safe tooth whitening products, such as whitening toothpaste or whitening rinses. Also, spinning toothbrushes are safe tooth whitening products. These brushes can help promote white teeth by preventing the buildup of stains from day-to-day eating and drinking.
- Don’t Let Whitening Interfere with Your Routine: While a more complex teeth whitening process may not allow you to continue your regular routine, there are products available that can easily fit into your lifestyle. Whitening products such as Crest Whitestrips use Advanced Seal technology to keep the strips in place so you can continue your regular activities such as showering, drinking water, or running errands.
- Say No When You Need To: Most at-home teeth whitening products are recommended for adolescents and adults who are 12 years of age or older. If you are younger than 12 years, pregnant, or if you have unfilled cavities, gum disease, or other dental problems, see a dentist before exploring tooth whitening options.
- Longer Doesn't Always Mean Better: don't leave 3D Whitestrips in place longer than the period of time that is recommended on the product instructions. Instead, maintain your whiter, brighter smile by using the , which vibrates to help remove day-to-day stains and supplements any of the 3D White products.
As you can see, whitening is easier than ever and doesn’t require a complicated tooth whitening process. Your best bet is to get started so you can enjoy a brighter smile as soon as possible.
Many people who want to whiten their teeth have questions about tooth whitening safety. Many products are available that are safe and effective for whitening teeth. But to maximize tooth whitening safety, decide what level of whitening you want, and then choose the right product.
Your busy schedule need not prevent you from enjoying the confidence that comes from white teeth. Keep these points in mind to help you maintain your newly white teeth:
- Sip: If you drink cola drinks, sip them through a straw to minimize the contact of the drink with your white teeth.
- Rinse: Rinse your mouth as soon as possible to minimize the risk of stains if you drink coffee, tea, red wine, or cola, or eat foods that are likely to stain your white teeth.
- Brush: Brush your teeth with a whitening toothpaste once or twice a week while using products to promote white teeth, and use standard toothpaste for daily use.
- Floss: A complete oral care routine of twice-daily toothbrushing and daily flossing will help maintain white teeth, no matter what teeth-whitening product you choose.
Teeth whitening results can vary greatly depending on the products you use and the condition of your teeth. That’s why it’s a good idea to think about your ideal teeth whitening results before starting a teeth whitening regimen.
Start by determining your whitening goals. How do your teeth look now? What do you want them to look like after whitening? These are important considerations when seeking the best teeth whitening results.
- Subtle Whitening: If you just need a smile spruce-up, consider a basic whitening program that's designed to provide subtle, gradual whitening. You may want to use whitening toothpastes and rinses or whitening strips to achieve your best teeth whitening results.
- Dramatic Whitening: If your teeth are significantly discolored, you want a whitening program that can provide noticeable, dramatic teeth whitening results. There are products available that provide professional-level results, with visible results that last an entire year.
- Sensitive Teeth Whitening: If you have teeth sensitive to whitening, achieving a brighter smile without side effects is probably your most important consideration. Fortunately, there are many products that provide exceptional teeth whitening results without causing pain for those with teeth sensitive to whitening. Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine provide subtle whitening by using the same ingredients dentists use in a less concentrated formula. This product is ideal for people with teeth sensitive to whitening and it only takes five minutes, once a day to achieve a brighter smile.
For best results with any product that promotes white teeth, be sure to follow a routine of good oral hygiene, including twice-daily toothbrushing and daily flossing. Make sure to read the instructions on your products for white teeth—some suggest that you don't brush your teeth immediately before applying the product.
Discover MoreCrest Whitestrips Instructions: Safe & Easy Teeth Whitening