Tobacco products are harmful to your overall health. However, you can reduce the risk of developing gum disease and limit staining with the right smokers’ toothpaste and mouthwash.
Always use a fluoride toothpaste with the ADA seal of approval to help reduce your risk of gingivitis or gum disease. Additionally, many toothpastes in Crest’s lineup are uniquely formulated to help remove more plaque, prevent tartar buildup and relieve sensitivity.
- Crest Gum Detoxify helps clean below the gum line to neutralize harmful bacteria
- Crest Gum and Enamel Repair ensures your gums are better protected while strengthening your teeth
- Crest Pro-Health Advanced Whitening promotes a healthier mouth as it removes plaque, prevents tartar buildup, and safely whitens
Smoking is hazardous to your gum line but swishing with a fluoride mouthwash can help nourish and protect your gums if you’re not yet ready to quit. The following mouthwashes can help promote gum health and keep gum disease from taking root:
- Reduce inflammation and gum disease with Crest Gum Care Mouthwash
- Reverse early signs of gingivitis with Crest Pro-Health Advanced
- Freshen breath and whiten with Crest 3D White Arctic Fresh
- Curb dry mouth symptoms with a moisturizing rinse
Smoking not only stains teeth but can also lead to serious health complications down the road. Keep your oral health in check with a thorough routine of brushing twice and flossing once daily to better protect your teeth and gums from the harmful effects of tobacco.
Discover MoreDifference Between Non-Fluoride and Fluoride Mouthwash