Are Whitening Pens Safe for Sensitive Teeth?
Teeth Whitening Pen with Virtually No Sensitivity Whitening Pen Options for Sensitive Teeth Complete Your Whitening Routine for Sensitive Teeth
If you’ve ever experienced tooth discomfort caused by sensitivity, then you know just how difficult it can be to find the right whitening treatment. Often, it’s tradeoff between using a product that either whitens or helps limit sensitivity. Fortunately, there are whitening options available that help tackle both issues. And whitening pens can bring even more to the table in terms of convenience, ease of use, and stunningly bright results. Here’s what to look for in a whitening pen that’s safe for sensitive teeth.
Teeth Whitening Pen with Virtually No Sensitivity
Most whitening pen options are generally safe to use on sensitive teeth. However, some may still cause tooth discomfort or gum irritation before and after application. That’s because most whitening pens use a peroxide agent as the main whitening ingredient. Typically, the higher the peroxide amount in the formula, the more likely the whitening method can cause sensitivity. However, unlike other whitening pens, Crest Whitening Emulsions is designed differently—with sensitivity and effective whitening in mind.
The enamel-safe formula uses a water-resistant base to create a protective layer for the whitening agent while also rehydrating teeth to help limit sensitivity. The award-winning leave-on whitening treatment is designed to deliver better, faster, 100% whiter teeth* with virtually no sensitivity.
Whitening Pen Options for Sensitive Teeth
With Crest Whitening Emulsions, you have a choice of convenient whitening pen options that deliver a brighter smile with practically no discomfort that may be caused by sensitivity.
- Crest Whitening Emulsions with Wand Applicator: The soft-tipped wand gives you more control and flexibility in terms of which teeth to whiten and what areas to focus on more. Plus, it can even reach your back teeth for even more consistent whitening results. All you need to do is squeeze the whitening formula onto the wand, swipe it on your teeth, and smile.
- Crest Whitening Emulsions with LED Light: To boost your whitening results, the leave-on teeth whitening solution also pairs with the Crest LED Accelerator Light. Inspired by the same technology that dentists use to professionally whiten teeth, the LED teeth whitening light safely penetrates the tooth’s enamel surface to quickly break down set-in stains for even more effective and faster whitening.
- Crest Whitening Emulsions with Built-in Applicator: Crest’s whitening pen is designed to be easy to use and convenient. The built-in applicator takes that convenience to the next level with on-the-go whitening. It’s small portable size and application design make it perfect as your travel companion—so you can whiten from anywhere at any time. The best part? Since the formula is designed to be enamel-safe it can be used up to 4X per day for even more effective whitening results.
Complete Your Whitening Routine for Sensitive Teeth
To help keep your mouth bright and healthy, be sure to pair your whitening pen with a thorough oral care routine that focuses on strengthening enamel and protecting gums.
- Brush 2X Daily for 2 Minutes: Consider brushing with a whitening toothpaste like Crest Gum & Enamel Repair Advanced Whitening Toothpaste. The foam formula helps to repair enamel, neutralize plaque bacteria, and lift surface stains.
- Floss 1X Daily: Pair traditional floss with an oral irrigator to boost your gum care while removing more food particles and plaque.
- Add a Rinse: Swish with a whitening rinse like Crest 3D White Diamond Strong Mouthwash to further protect enamel and brighten up your smile.
- Keep Your Dental Appointments: Make sure to see your dental professional at least twice a year for professional cleanings and checkups.
*vs. ARC pen whitening
Discover MoreTeeth Stains: Causes, Types, and How to Remove Teeth Stains